wifi

stephene
stephene Member Posts: 5 New User

I have an acer aspire 5732Z. I can't get wifi. How do I enable it? Seems to be an issue with the AR5B93 wireless adaptor, although a search suggests that this is the correct and latest driver for this model. Is there a button/key code that I may be missing? If not how can I get an update to enable this to work?

Thanks in advance

Answers

• Tabbiekatz
    Tabbiekatz Member Posts: 760 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

About the best thing that I can find is to press FN + F3. This should turn on and off the bluetooth, but if this model is like anything else out there, wifi should be on the same card. See if that works and let us know.

• stephene

Thanks for your response. have tried this just now and a message saying 'No Device' comes up

• Tabbiekatz

Ok.....hmmmm.

What do you get when you try to reinstall the device driver? Just because it states no device does not mean that the wifi is not working. Just means that you probebly do not have blue tooth in the laptop.

• stephene

The atheros AR5B93 just has a yellow exclaimation mark next to it. i have disabled it and then enabled it again, but still the same problem

• Joshua188
    Joshua188 Member Posts: 523 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Try and reinstall the driver from the device manager.

• stephene

Thanks. I've uninstalled it. how exactly would I go about reinstalling it?

• stephene

looks like I may need to install a new wireless network adaptor as nothing seems to be sorting this issue out. Is there a straightforward way to do this?

• Tabbiekatz

Not really. Is the comptuer still under warranty? Acer can fix it if it is. If not, I'd go to a local tech to get it replaced.

This discussion has been closed.