2013 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Visitor
rudders1965

wifi won't work on my aspire v3 771 windows 8

Had the laptop for a month & can only use the internet through the Ethernet cable . Set up a wireless network on my router & everything fine for a few days. Then turn off the wifi on the f3 button to work off-line . Since then it won't turn back on . Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Contributor
acerfan

Re: wifi won't work on my aspire v3 771 windows 8

go into control panel->network and internet->network and sharing center->change adapter setting

look for the wireless card and right click on it, choose enable

Visitor
rudders1965

Tried to connect following your instructions but still won't turn on after enabling , anymore suggestions welcome , cheers for the response .

Visitor
mikescuba

[ Edited ]

Just got a brand new aspire v3 771 from newegg, I have the exact same symptoms.

It worked for the first 3 days, then I disabled the wifi using the function key & now it won't come back. 

The Fn+F3 still brings up airplane mode on & off which works but the wifi sticks off. 

I've uninstalled the NIC & let it re-detect, confirmed that the power plan settings have it enabled, and even cracked the case to reseat the card just in case it was loose from shipping, still no joy.

If I can find it in this mess they call windows 8 I'm going to uninstall the acer button manager software & see if that helps.  Beyond that since it's brand new with nothing installed yet I'm just going to reload from recovery disk & see if it comes back & then uninstall the button manager software before it breaks it again.

Also, off thread topic, but did your recovery media creation ever work, it asked for 16gb of space & tried both a 16 & 64GB usb thumb drives it would write everything out but never finish, I finally hooked up 250GB external harddrive & it worked.  I checked what it did & it created a 32GB partition on the disk & left the rest empty, so one more strike for the acer software team...

Visitor
gh0st

I had the same issue. Updating the BIOS firmware worked for me.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Acer-Notebooks-Netbooks/wireless-network-adapter-not-working-w-win-8/m-...

Contributing Member
diiorio

I posted a fix for this with same issue, a change was made by windows 8

reboot PC.

tap F2 to enter bios

hit f10 and YES to save changes and exit.

Allow pc to reboot and config.

it shoudl work.

Contributing Member
diiorio

PS bios update isn't really needed, it jsut needs bios to reset it by hittign f10 to save and exit.

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Please join me in congratulating IronFly who is the first Acer Community Member to achieve the rank of ACE Pathfinder. IronFly has shown a consistent willingness to help others and has worked hard to earn this new Rank. Congrats and Thank You IronFly.

ACE Pathfinder

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: