webcam not found acer e1-571

n3wb13
n3wb13 Member Posts: 4 New User

My HDD crashed so I had to do a restore with the recovery media that I had created when I first got this laptop. All was well until I tried doing a video chat & discovered that my webcam is not being detected at all. There are no drivers to reinstall as it's not showing up within device manager either.

Answers

• Joshua188
    Joshua188 Member Posts: 523 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

I would try going to the Start menu, then all programs, Acer, Acer E recovery, Click on restore, then on Reinstall drivers and apps, then look for the webcam and reinstall. Currently there are no drivers on the support site yet so if issue remains  i would call in to the support team to look into a resolution.

• n3wb13

Tried that before all that's there in relation to the webcam is the Acer crystal eye webcam application, which is no good as it is unable to detect the webcam. Guess I would have to give acer a call.

Thanks for the help.

• Joshua188
    Joshua188 Member Posts: 523 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

not a problem, Hope you have a great upcoming Holiday Smiley Happy

• n3wb13
    so I contacted customer support & was basically told to try everything that I mention before which didn't work. Customer service rep told me to download the crystal eye webcam application from acer's drivers & download page (same application in the erecovery management) that won't install, as he could find the webcam drivers on their site either. After that didn't work 'AGAIN" he told me that I would have to send my laptop in for repairs.
  • khawajafahadume
    khawajafahadume Member Posts: 1 New User

My HDD crashed so I had to do a restore with the recovery media that I had created when I first got this laptop. All was well until I tried doing a video chat & discovered that my webcam is not being detected at all. There are no drivers to reinstall as it's not showing up within device manager either.

• Duchy
    Duchy Member Posts: 2 New User

Did you ever get the issue resolved? My E1-571 came back yesterday from acer after they replaced a faulty screen, now I'm getting the web cam not found error. Infuriating to say the least, I bought this laptop on the 8th Jan and since then I have not had a single day where there wasn't something wrong with it.

• zozo2013
    zozo2013 Member Posts: 1 New User

k

This discussion has been closed.