This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Contributing Member
tri0xinn

w510 .. windows 8.1 .. battery life?

Ever since I installed 8.1 my battery seems to be draining fast.. like it's not sleeping. Also sometimes when I go to wake it up it's turned off. Anyone else having any issues? Typically was charging it once a week.. now about double that.

ACE Pioneer
padgett

Re: w510 .. windows 8.1 .. battery life?

Did you add the Intel power management drivers ?

Luggable, 1983
My first PC
Notary Sojack Y'all
Contributing Member
tri0xinn

I did install a driver package.. from a earlier post.. I'll look for the intel power management drivers.. if you have a link I'd appreciate it.

thanks! 

ACE Pioneer
padgett

They are inside the W510 driver package. When you install it should display a spalsh screen that says "Intel". Do parts of the case feel hot ? Particularly the upper right rear ? Any USB devices connected ?

Luggable, 1983
My first PC
Notary Sojack Y'all
New Contributor
jpearn

First off uninstall the Microsoft Intel GFX drivers (1160) installed during the 8.1 upgrade, they conflict with the provided DPTF power management. Install the latest driver package 2.12 for the W510 http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/drivers this has an Acer version of the same Intel GFX drivers 1160 and allows the tablet to sleep correctly.

Contributing Member
didopido

I have the same problem and yes, the top right corner feels warm to the touch when not sleeping properly. It looks like it happens the most/only when the dock is connected.

Contributing Member
didopido

jpearn, I followed the steps you provided, but still having problems with the W510 sleep. This morning it wasn't starting and the top right part of the tablet was pretty warm. Had to reboot it to get it to work. I have it to shut down now when I close the lid. For some reason I don't see a hibernate option in the power settings, do you know how I can get it?

My graphics driver ver. is 9.14.3.1102 from the last drivers package 2.12.

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Please take a moment to review the latest Community News article to learn about new changes to your community membership.

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: