This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Visitor
edka2903

recover windows 8 on Iconia W510

[ Edited ]

Hi !

I have a Acer ICONIA W510 tablet. I could not connect to our WiFi network at work. We use "Cisco Unified Wireless nettverk" .I tried to install a older driver for broadcom WiFi card and after that my tablet could not start! It tries to repair OS, but it does seams to work.

How can i repair OS manually?!

year2012

Re: recover windows 8 on Iconia W510

My w510 refused to boot after the BIOS 1.51 update. The issue was with BCD file and can be fixed by command line tool if I can boot into the system. However, I found out there is NO WAY you can do that. I have tried everything from Windows 7/8 installtion disk to some third party backup/recevery tools. The only thing that worked is by booting using the system DVD disk that comes with W510. From there you can only do a system restore to factory default and you lost everthing installed as well as all your documents.

Now I have my Tablet OS back. I would like to find a way to backup/restore the whole system. So far there is no luck at all. Acer Tech Support told me it can't be backuped up since it is a Tablet!! Window backup and other backup software CAN do the backup to an external USB drive BUT I have not found a way to boot into the recevery mode to do the restore from the backup files that are stored on the external USB. That's: you can do the backup but you can't do the restore!

If anybody can help me to boot it using UDB HDD or Cd/DVD disk, excluding the System DVD disk provided by Acer, I would like to know. I need help or I have to sell this nice Tablet on ebay!

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Long time Acer Community member and leader Padgett has reached a new milestone of 1500 posts helping and guiding others to solution. Please join me in congratulating Padgett on this accomplishment.

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: