"Solve a problem with Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet Device "

Options
kjhung
kjhung Member Posts: 1 New User

Dear Acer experts,

My computer recently popped this thing up in my solutions center: "Solve a problem with Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet Device." I followed the directions and went to the Acer drivers download page and do see a bunch of drivers, but the one I've been directed to download (Netlink Gigabit Ethernet Device) is not there. Is it because my computer has misidentified the name of the driver I should have downloaded? Is this a problem I could probably ignore?

I've also noticed that, rather simultaneously with this error message, my computer has started telling me that my batter has problems and need to be replaced (with a corresponding MUCH faster drain in battery life and much slower charge to full power). I wonder if this is at all linked...

I see that a few other users have had similar problems where their computers have given them the same error message--and it doesn't seem that their problems ever became fully resolved, either.

Thanks!

KJ

Answers

• ScottyC
    ScottyC Member Posts: 433 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi KJ,

I'd be happy to try and help you out but you haven't provided enough information. It's impossible for me to refer you to the right driver or provide you the right steps without at the very least your model number. Please resond with as much infromation regarding your system as possible. OS version, model number, how long have you owned it, when did this problem start and whatever else you can think of.

Thanks,
    ScottyC

This discussion has been closed.