problem with nvidia 710M on acer aspire V5-571G

Options
unok
unok Member Posts: 2 New User

i've installed the intel hd4000 driver and the nvidia 710 M driver from acer's site on windows 7 x64,but i keep getting the following error at the nvidia driver Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

i've also tried a number of the other drivers but with the same result...

Answers

• Alan-London
    Options

Error code 43 is general and non specific. It can be caused anywhere within Windows. Assuming it is caused by a driver, check device manager for any problems.

If it does appear to be an nVidia issue, try installing this one from nVidia's site:

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/content/DriverDownload-March2009/confirmation.php?url=/Windows/331.65/331.65-notebook-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql.exe&lang=uk&type=GeForce

I am successfully running version 331.65 (albeit on a 730m) without issue.

• unok
    unok Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

i tried that one already,no succes,same issue Smiley Sad

• Alan-London
    Options

Have a look at the driver status in device manager. If it shows 'This device is working properly.' then your problem it likely elsewhere. You could try rolling back to your earlier driver and see if that cures the problem (although you may only get an earlier unsuccessful install). Although it shouldn't impact the nVidia, check the state of the Intel too. If all else fails, reinstall the last known good drivers for both the nVidia and Intel drivers. Once back to a working state, try updating again one driver at a time and confirm all OK before updating the other.

• saulo
    saulo Member Posts: 24 New User
    Options

Uninstall the Intel and Nvidia drivers provided by Acer, reboot, then open Windows Update to get the latest drivers.

This discussion has been closed.