personalization, I think

warwick
warwick Member Posts: 2 New User

When I open microsoft word in office 2013, there is a bar at the top of the page which contains buttons labelled "insert", "design", "page layout" etc.
This bar is totally black, whereas it is white in the demonstration pages.
How do I either
1.  Eliminate the black colour from this bar (and other sections of this page.) or
2. Restore this page of word to its standard shape, colour, composition etc..

By the way, there should be a little slider rectangle at the right hand side od the page on word which enable one to move quickly forward and back through the document, but this function has gone from my word program.

Answers

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Welcome aboard, Warwick.  Be aware that this is technically not an Acer hardware problem. However:

If you are running Office inside a virtual machine, this happens often. It can also happen when your 3D accelerator is set too high. Try this:

1. First open any Office 2013 program. For example open Word 2013. It'll open in new Start Screen mode. Click on "Blank document" option.

2. Now click on "File" menu present in the ribbon and then click on "Options" link given at the end of the left-sidebar.

3. It'll open Options window. Click on "Advanced" tab and scroll down a little. Look for following 2 options in "Display" section:

• Disable hardware graphics acceleration
    • Use subpixel positioning to smooth fonts on screen

First option would be unchecked and second option would be checked by default.

4. First enable "Disable hardware graphics acceleration" option and click on OK button. Restart the program and it should fix the problem.

Here are some other solutions I found:

One poster wrote that minimizing the window and then restoring it made the problem go away.

It is possible that your video card is not compatible with Office. Downloading the newest drivers could help.

Click  on File--Options--General and try changing the color of your theme.

It is possible that you deleted the navigation pane Go to View-> button Folder Pane-> Options…-> select: Compact Navigation

Some older computers that ran Office 2020 with no problem are having conflicts with Office 2013.

This discussion has been closed.