no internet windows 8.1

dick599
dick599 Member Posts: 4 New User
Win 8 no problem win 8.1 looses connection after about 5 minutes
Acer aspine m5-481pt new September 2013 installed all Acer drivers and bios. Restored to factory defaults installed all available ms updates. Latest bios.
Acet basic ts has no idea, they just follow a script. Yesterday I finally got to a level 2 support. There solution. We only cover original is win 8.0 so tough we can't and won't help. Ask ms, good luck with that. Ms will blame acer
Been there done that.
Routewr works fine win win 7 netbook. This notebook in win 8 iPad iPod android phones and tablets very 3.1 3.2 and 4.4

Any suggestions

Answers

• vaizaren
    vaizaren Member Posts: 44 Die Hard WiFi Icon

try putting cable...

i suspect the wireless driver is not compatible with win8.1

if cable doesnt do any good...

then you may opt to downgrade to the previous os with no problem..

you can try flash disks that offer internet connections...

if symptoms persist... consult the manufacturer... and try other editions of win8.1.. or maybe the 8.1 itself you installed is defective

• KevGo
    KevGo Member Posts: 12 New User
    try to update your BIOS.
    try get new driver from another source (some time official driver from acer are unstable).
    like atheros http://www.atheros.com/corporate/content.php?nav1=146
  • mazen
    mazen Member Posts: 57 New User

Dear mate,

Try to uninstall the driver within windows 8.1 and then follow this steps:

1-uninstall driver and restart comp.

2-when you're on desktop, go to device manager and navigate to your network device

3-right click and go to properties then go to driver tab

4-click on update driver

Now choose the 2nd update update option not the first one, Continue next then you will see your device, just highlight it and continue installation. Im sure u will be ok now.

do not update the driver untill you see a new update for windows 8.1(dif new version then current)

Good Lluck 

• dick599

Thanks

Didn't work for long. I'm going to try and get a non Acer driver and if that don't work back to win 8.0

Router is fine and compatible.

• dick599
    Acer want me to mark this solved. It is not. I am getting fed up with reverting to factory default. Installing drivers from Acer, or where ever I can find one. All win 8 updates and then updatind to win 8.1
    Same result. Internet for a while. Then no connection. Acer has disappointed me. I bought this notebook because of my success with Acer. Bout they don't care. Guess this notebook is stuck on win 8 which is junk. Win 8.1 is a big improvement

Thanks for you help
  • dick599
    Seems to be fixed for today at least. I changed the DNS server to Google public. 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 so far today kept working. Just changed it in the computer
This discussion has been closed.