m5-481pt-6488

rfranco
rfranco Member Posts: 2 New User

I was considering buy the m5-481pt-6488 but it is no longer available on line or in stores. Has this model been discontinued?  What is replacing it? Thanks!

Answers

• Tabbiekatz
    Tabbiekatz Member Posts: 760 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Acually this is a BRAND NEW model. It's not that they stopped making it, its that stores are running out of them extremely quickly. Keep an eye out. Maybe your local Best Buy can put it on order for you?

• morpo
    morpo Member Posts: 2 New User

Any idea why Best Buy pulled this model off their website then?  Usually they leave a placeholder there with an "Out of Stock" notice.

• rfranco
    rfranco Member Posts: 2 New User

I went into Best Buy today and they do not have it on order nor do they have the ability to special order it for me. There are no stores in my area that have it in stock either, and I can't seem to find it anywhere on the internet.  What's up with that?

• Conrad
    Conrad Member Posts: 1 New User

I have one of these and it's a nice unit. Got it at Best Buy in December.

Don't know why they don't have them available. Even Amazon and Cnet stores are saying they have no source for these anywhere.

The Acer store doesn't even have any.

For me it's scary. Did they pull all of them because there's a major issue with them.

Or they simply didn't anticipate the demand?

Seems strange that even navigating to a previous item listing for this on Best Buy brings up a "Page not found".

• snerd
    snerd Member Posts: 1 New User

I got mine in mid-December at Best Buy for $699 in Oklahoma City. It's a sweet machine! My first laptop after 15 years of computing with desktops. Hopefully they will start showing up soon in stores.

• morpo
    morpo Member Posts: 2 New User

It's a Best Buy exclusive model, so literally the ONLY place to buy them is Best Buy.  According to Best Buy it's still listed as an "active" item in their system, as opposed to "discountinued".  But, seems that every store is completely sold out. It may be they're just waiting for Acer to deliver a new shipment?

Unfortunately, my last laptop died on me and I don't think I can wait.  For anyone looking for a nice alternative, the Asus VivoBook S400 is similarly speced, slightly cheaper ($649 in the Microsoft Store) and looks pretty good.  

Downsides against the Acer are that it's missing Bluetooth, has no Optical Drive, and only has 4GB of RAM (but with a free slot to allow upgrades to 8GB).

• androidtfw09
    androidtfw09 Member Posts: 1 New User

I really want to know that one too. Tried to call the company but got no way to talk to somone about it. The computer is perfect for me and what I am going for in school and it has a CD/DVD drive, and its thin. Please for the love of goodness, please dont pull this model Acer. It's got everything I want in a computer. :'[

This discussion has been closed.