it's time for an OS update

saywot
saywot Member Posts: 64 Troubleshooter

I don't expect a favorable answer to this question, but there are many, many tablets on the market being advertised as running Jellybean 4.2.

I've owned my A700a for almost as long as they have been available in Australia but have never had any offer of new firmware.

Once a month or so I try to see if there's an update in the "about tablet" area of the settings and always get the 'you're up to date' message - when clearly I am not.

I suppose I should email the support staff but it took them longer than a month to tell me how to uninstall AcerCloud then to tell me the instruction was incorrect and then to tell me that I can't get rid of software that came pre-installed on the tablet. This is also wrong but I hope that eventually the initial question might reach someone who knows something about Acer Android devices but I won't hold my breath.

So is there anyone here who is able to suggest when Acer is going to release 4.2 for it's current customers or is it likely that now Acer has got our money they couldn't be bothered providing after-sales support at the same standard as their competitors?

Answers

• saywot

I've looked long and hard around the www and it looks like the only way to get the most up-to-date operating system is to root the tablet.

• saywot

this is the second post in this forum asking an identical question.

Are we going to get updates or not - do you reckon?

This discussion has been closed.