2013 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Visitor
loutadd

how do you install bios upgrade on Aspire 5536

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

Re: how do you install bios upgrade on Aspire 5536

Drivers for our systems are available on our regional Driver Download pages.
US Site: http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Download the .ZIP file.

Extract all of the files.

For this system, run BIOS.BAT

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base Articles
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

New Visitor
nskorpio

i have a black screen with the notebook on,

i follow these steps:

http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6054/~/updating-the-bios-of-the-aspire-one-a110... 

but i can´t find that file:

"Step 7. The folder will contain a file named 3310.fd. Right-click this file and select Rename. Enter zg5ia32.fd as new filename."

the latest BIOS name for my model (Aspire 5536) is named "BIOS_ACER_1.11_Windows_AS5236  AS5536  AS5536G"

and has no files with extension " .fd", only have "JV50.bat" and the folders "DOS", "Winflash32" and "Winflash64"

any help???

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

That would NOT be advised.  The article you list is for a completely different system.  It is NOT intended for your computer.

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base Articles
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Did you know? Acer Community is also available in the following languages: