2013 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Regular Visitor
Karo3

how do i connect acer aspire one to samsung hdtv

[ Edited ]

How do I connect my acer aspire one AOD 250 netbook to a samsung HD TV

Regular Visitor
Morogth

Re: how do i connect acer aspire one to samsung hdtv

With a HDMI cable.

Regular Visitor
Karo3

Thanks,

I have the vga and hdmi cables and converter and I have tested them on other equipment and know they are OK. I don't understnad how to extend the netbook to the tv. I've tried using the function key and the F5 key and it does not extend to the tv. .

Frequent Contributor
st3ph3nnity

Is your tv set to the correct settings ? ...ie,have you changed the input source to whatever the input is... VGA/HDMI/S-Video etc ?

Frequent Contributor
st3ph3nnity

Re: connect to hdtv

[ Edited ]

One of my machines is an Acer D250...I believe I just connected up via the vga port and connected into the relevant tv port...then set the tv to the right input via the tv settings under "source" or whatever your remote says for input settings........if you`re having trouble with getting the external display...try going to control panel...hardware and sound...display...under this you should see connect to an external display...also further advice here from google...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=how+to+toggle+between+display+and+exterior+screen+on+Acer+d250&oq=...

edit to add...I don`t recall having to go through any of the above but my D250 was used prior to my ownership so maybe it had been pre-set...good luck.

Regular Visitor
Karo3

yes, and I've tested it with another laptop and it works fine

Did you know? Acer Community is also available in the following languages: