eRecovery Not Working

Options
k1ahmed
k1ahmed Member Posts: 2 New User

My Aspire 5253-BZ893 crashed.  I tried Alt - F10 recovery through secret partition, it goes to 60% Restoring and then stop with error message, "Restor Failed - Error Code=0x45d (WIMApplyImage cannot apply image: The request could not be performed because of an I/O error).  Tried eRecovery media disks that I made when I bought the computer. Selected "Restore system with backup files:  does 100%backup but fails on restoring with error "Restore failed-Error code=0x3 (WIMSetReferenceFile cannot set reference file)."  Tried installing Windows 7 from installation disk with repair option but got a message that "starup repair cannot repair automatically".  Tried software installation , went all the way to installing updates and still got an error, "setup cannot continue due to a corrupted installation file".  So at this time, I have tried eRecovery ALT-F10, eRecovery Media, Windows installation and nothing worked....

So what is wrong.. Thanks

Answers

• Charitha
    Charitha Member Posts: 131 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

HI,

I'm sorry for your inconvenience. These kind of issues mainly happening due to badsectors in the HDD or else bad memory allocation in RAM modules. Try to use Linux live CD , like Ubuntu. If it can be load without any problem, we can gest most probably your RAM is Ok. Then we have to check you Hard drive. Pleas give me your feed back. 

All the best

Thanks

• k1ahmed
    k1ahmed Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi

Where can I get LinuxLive CD?  Is it something I can download online

• Charitha
    Charitha Member Posts: 131 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi,

Yes you can download, Refer the below link