This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Regular Visitor
cook

dolby audio driver

Hello,

I am new to the forum. I have a problem that I can't fix. I have a Acer Aspire Notebook V3-731. I have tried on several occasions to reinstall the Realtek HD Audio Drive. I keep getting this error code that says: Install Realtek HD Audio Drive Error Code: OxE0000246. I have no idea what this error code mean. Does anyone know what this error code mean? If so, please tell me and how to fix it. I have been trying to fix this because every time I turn my notebook on, I get an error message that says: Unable to start the Dolby audio driver. Please restart the computer or reinstall the driver if the problem persists. I have even tried to go to eRecovery and restore the Audio Codec but I get an error message with that too. I am at my wits end. Please help!!! I would really appreciate it.

Frequent Contributor
Charitha

Re: dolby audio driver

Hi ,

Please refer the below link. Hope It will help you.

http://en.kioskea.net/faq/2640-realtek-hda-error-0xe0000227

Thanks & All the Best

Regular Visitor
cook

Hi Charitha,

Thank you for your help in this matter. I don't have Windows XP. I have Windows 8.1 Pro. The error message is different than the one that I have. So will it work with the Windows 8.1 with the error message of Ox0000246?

Frequent Contributor
Charitha

Hi,

I think it is better to try that step, Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Regular Visitor
cook

Hello Charitha,

I attempted to do the steps from the link that you gave me but could not because I do not have a "UAA High Definition Audio Bus Driver for Microsoft" on Windows 8.1 Pro. Thank you for your help though.

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Please join me in congratulating IronFly who is the first Acer Community Member to achieve the rank of ACE Pathfinder. IronFly has shown a consistent willingness to help others and has worked hard to earn this new Rank. Congrats and Thank You IronFly.

ACE Pathfinder

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: