dolby audio driver

cook
cook Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello,

I am new to the forum. I have a problem that I can't fix. I have a Acer Aspire Notebook V3-731. I have tried on several occasions to reinstall the Realtek HD Audio Drive. I keep getting this error code that says: Install Realtek HD Audio Drive Error Code: OxE0000246. I have no idea what this error code mean. Does anyone know what this error code mean? If so, please tell me and how to fix it. I have been trying to fix this because every time I turn my notebook on, I get an error message that says: Unable to start the Dolby audio driver. Please restart the computer or reinstall the driver if the problem persists. I have even tried to go to eRecovery and restore the Audio Codec but I get an error message with that too. I am at my wits end. Please help!!! I would really appreciate it.

Answers

• Charitha
    Charitha Member Posts: 131 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Hi ,

Please refer the below link. Hope It will help you.

http://en.kioskea.net/faq/2640-realtek-hda-error-0xe0000227

Thanks & All the Best

• cook

Hi Charitha,

Thank you for your help in this matter. I don't have Windows XP. I have Windows 8.1 Pro. The error message is different than the one that I have. So will it work with the Windows 8.1 with the error message of Ox0000246?

• Charitha
    Charitha Member Posts: 131 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Hi,

I think it is better to try that step, Hope it will help you.

Thanks

• cook

Hello Charitha,

I attempted to do the steps from the link that you gave me but could not because I do not have a "UAA High Definition Audio Bus Driver for Microsoft" on Windows 8.1 Pro. Thank you for your help though.

This discussion has been closed.