battery life

Options
Syeda
Syeda Member Posts: 3 New User

I have bought new battery for my Acer Aspire 5749. Its giving 1.5 Hours when fully charged.
Is this battery time ok?

Answers

• ScottyC
    ScottyC Member Posts: 433 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi Syeda,

Truth be told that may be a decent lifespan for your battery and then again it may not. The length of time a battery lasts depends on lots of things, but primarily the draw being put on it. This means that the brightness of your screen, the number of processes running, how much cpu power is being used, how much the system must access the hard disk (causing it to spin), even the loudness of your speakers. Chances are your battery is operating exactly as intended. You can always try to lower the brightness on your screen to make the life longer (like you would with a cell phone) and shutting down programs you're not using.

And as per your private message. If you ordered a replacement battery for your unit and it works I'd have to say you're safe. They usually don't (at least in in my experience) fit into units that it could cause damage to. What you really should be concerned about is the voltage, not the identification numbers. As long as the specs are the same as the battery you had to replace you should be fine.

This discussion has been closed.