atheros ar5bwb222 weak wifi signal

Fingbrokers
Fingbrokers Member Posts: 1 New User

atheros ar5bwb222 weak wifi signal, I can be close to the router and its still weak. My 7yr old laptop works just fine though

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

I would suggest checking another access point to see if you're continuing to see the same issue.  I would also suggest updating drivers.

• NickMun21
    NickMun21 Member Posts: 5 New User

I had a weak signal on my Acer Aspire V3-551, Atheros ARBWB222 and found it related to the option for power saving that was enabled for the adapter.  That solved the weak signal problem I had, but I still have the limited connectivity and dropped connection issues that everyone else has when you look up this adapter....

• EDD
    EDD Member Posts: 1 New User

Hey guys.

Im new here, but after so many tries I have found the right drivers for windows 7 x 64bit machines.

This laptop came with windows 8, but i don't really like it. I have deleted win8 and install win7 x64. I have tried all the drivers that are listed for this model and another two models (win7-win8) none of them work for this atheros wireless  ar5bwb222. The signal is good and haven't drop for a while.

So i read a post from somebody in microsoft forum and found this. Hope it works for all the problems related to this wireless device.

1) Go to acer.com and click on the support tab at the top bar. It should then take you to a page listing different tabs of support help on the left of the page (i.e. Driver Downloads, Register a Product, Get Support to name a few)

2) Click on the Driver Downloads tab and it will take you to a page with 4 boxes to input the information for the Aspire S3.

3) Select notebook for the first box. Then select Aspire in the second box. It should then bring up a list of Aspire notebook models. Scroll through the list until you find the Aspire.

4) Select the S3 - 371 model and a dialog box will pop up asking what operating system your system is running. Select the OS currently on your unit.

5) Select the wireless atheros 10.0.0.38 and you will be ok.

This discussion has been closed.