This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Visitor
briancorll

aspire v5 poor color

My new Aspire v5 is giving me very poor and inconsistent  color. I have tried profiling it with Spyder 4 to no avail. I also used all of the available Intel graphics controllers, also without luck. Suggestions, anyone ? This is very frustrating for an artist like myself who knows color !

ACE Pioneer
Alan-London

Re: aspire v5 poor color

Rather a long shot but...

I have an M5 581TG which I believe has the same screen as your V5. I have profiled my screen with a Spyder3 and noticed that the screen dimmed during the process as my power setting is 'Balanced' so the resulting profile was no doubt rubbish.

I need to do it again on different power settings.

Note the default brightness settings (Windows 7):

Balanced:              On battery = 40% (30%)  - Plugged in: 40% (30%)

Power saver:         On battery = 40% (30%)  - Plugged in: 100% (30%)

High performance: On battery = 100% (30%) - Plugged in: 100% (30%)

Default dimmed brightness in all cases is 30%.

I would suggest profiling at a brightness level to suit your work flow and increase the 'Dim' value to ensure it doesn't kick in during the readings.

(I haven't bothered checking brightness consistancy - probably going too far on a laptop!)

Unfortunately, Acer's LCD panel is perhaps not the best where good colour rendition is required. The viewing angles are also rather poor so, in my case, I need to set the screen tilt just so and keep my head still while adjusting images!!

That said, I wouldn't do 'serious' editing on any laptop regardless of price and to find one with a good IPS screen would be very pricey!! For what it's worth, I edit on a 27" iMac.

To redress the balance, I am very pleased (thus far) with my M5 for day to day work, software development and gaming.

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Acer is proud to announce the promotion of Philetus to the ACE team. Philetus has been a member since March 2013 and has shown the skills and patience required to be a member of this exclusive, invite only team of experts. Congratulations Philetus!

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: