This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

dgroff

android.process.media keeps crashing

I keep getting a message that says android.process.media has crashed. It doesn't seem to matter what I am doing.  I could be listening to music, looking at pics, browsing the net, anything and boom! android.process.media needs to close.  I tell it to send the report and it does and goes on it's merry way.  It is totally random from what I can tell.  I am at a loss and kind of new to androids.  any help would be greatly appreciated.  thx

Super Contributor
Joshua188

Re: android.process.media keeps crashing

follow the steps to clear this out.

Go under settings>then to apps> then click on all>under all find the Process Android media> clear data from this and reboot the unit.

“No one messes around with a nerd’s computer and escapes unscathed.”
― E.A. Bucchianeri
Leader
Tabbiekatz

Did this start to happen after an update?

dgroff

[ Edited ]

I don't see anything called Process Android media.  I have Android Keyboard, Android System, and Media Storage.  I looked under applications as well as services, but nothing.  Anything else I can look for, or am I looking for the wrong package?  Tabbiekatz, I don't know exactly when it started.  I just got the tablet for Christmas and it has been doing it pretty much the whole time I think.  Thank you for your help.

dgroff

thanks, guys.  you pointed me in the right direction and i got it.  i just had to clear data on media storage.

Visitor
angted

tried to clear data but i'm stuck on computing so the clear data is not available. same applied fot storage.

i also did the factory reset but the message keeps coming back. HELP PLEASE

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Please join me in congratulating IronFly who is the first Acer Community Member to achieve the rank of ACE Pathfinder. IronFly has shown a consistent willingness to help others and has worked hard to earn this new Rank. Congrats and Thank You IronFly.

ACE Pathfinder

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: