acer warranty sucks

Options
jeremysamm
jeremysamm Member Posts: 1 New User

I want to use this forum to show how Acer warranty sucks.  I bought an Iconia B7 several months ago; after 3 months the touch screen lost it's touch, I returned to the dealer, which is in Denpasah, Bali, after silence for 2 months I was informed  (A) the part needed would take months to get and it would be cheaper to buy a new tablet (B) the screen is not covered by warranty.  Thank you Acer, when I buy a new one it will be any other brand but Acer, I also intend to spred this around the net as much as I can, not that it will do me any good, hopefully just for a little payback, maybe someone will have 2nd thoughts about buying Acer

Answers

• Leho
    Leho Member Posts: 525 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Jere

I sympathize with your unfortunate touchscreen problem.  The 2 month delay in Acer responding is unconscionable.

That being stated, if you peruse the posted warranties from Acer and other manufacturers you will find that all are essentially very similar.  Some manufacturers may be more approachable and considerate under unusual conditions and would apply 'fit-for-service' criteria that they are not legally required to follow.

Your situation seems to one where you lose and are left with bad feelings about this product.

Best of luck with whichever replacement that you decide upon.

Leho 

• sandyz77
    sandyz77 Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options

i also end up with this **bleep**ing acer laptop.got BSOD Within 4 months..it freezes without any problem.  like a miracle fixed inside it. even a single piece of acer product has low quality that damages with a soft touch also..i will never buy an acer product from this time....

[word filter avoidance]

• ctsohio
    ctsohio Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

This is my second Acer.  The first was in warranty repair for 3 months total, before it was returned to me still broken.  Now my second has been in warranty repair (different reason) as the display quit at one month.  Now, you have had it for over a month and not even a courtesy communication to let me know why the delay.  When I call (every other day) and ask about it, I am told that you will find out and follow up with me.  Now I understand why your stock took a huge hit yesterday.  I was evaluating the notebook, to consider buying hundreds for my company. Now, there is no way I would recommend that my company purchase your products.  In fact, I am strongly recommending every buyer that I know in the industry, to stay away from Acer products.  At least I know when I call Dell, HP, and Lenovo and indentify myself as a large buyer, I am given great service.  I am considering writing to Walt Mosberg at the Wall Street Journal, to complain and warn others about your service.

• ctsohio
    Options

Another week went by and still I do not know where the notebook is and when it will be returned.  After many calls, I got a verbal promise that Acer would contact me with the information, but that did not happen.  The agent said she would send a message to the repair site and would let me know, but never followed thru.  As an IT consultant who advises a number of large customers, I can only advise to stay away from Acer, until they improve warrranty service and communication.  I see in other posts, that the poster was told that other computer companies are just as bad.  Well, I have been in the business for several decades, and I can tell you that is not true.  There are other companies that will communicate with the customer and return a computer in 24 to 48 hours.  Although I shipped it to Acer over a month ago, your agents tell me that you have had it just over 15 business days.  Is this acceptable?  I worked as a rep for your largest competitor and if I had to tell a customer something similar, I would have followed thru and kept my customer informed. As a company, Acer seems to treat customers as if it were 1955, and tells them to just sit back and wait. When I shipped you my notebook, your stock was at $22.  Now, a month later is it down to $16, which I believe is roughly 30% (near your 52 week low, with over 50% drop since March 2013, and now you are at a 12 year low in valuation.)  

• ctsohio
    Options

I received my chromebook back 6 weeks after I opened this warranty claim.  The top cover is now scratched and the bezel is now broken near one of the hinges, leaving an open gap between the bezel and the top cover.  So, it lookls like an amateur replaced the LCD.  I have replaced thousands of them (as I was a tech for many years) and always took care not to scratch or break bezels. But, the notebook has booted and the display is visible.  I know if I complain about the bezel, I will get no sympathy or relief. It is just another sign of shoddy repair practices at Acer.  The truth is, I really was considering ordering a large number of chromebooks for my staff.  They boot almost instantly and my staff can get their emailed work orders immediately with them.  However, I can not take this level of poor communication and service.  I and my staff can not afford to wait 6 weeks and not know when a unit will be returned.  Frankly, I do not know what was done to this chromebook and if I can trust it to continue working.  So, I will order a few from HP and Samsung this week.   If Acer sends me a message to review their quality of service, I will be honest.

This discussion has been closed.