2013 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Visitor
devadas

Wireless and Bluethooth not working in Aspire E1 531

[ Edited ]

My new Notebook Aspire E1 531 does not detect Wireless & bluetooth. The CD given by Acer has the driver but not able to install it.

Kindly help me in this regards.

Thank you,

Devadas AC

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

Re: Wireless and Bluethooth not working in Aspire E1 531

Drivers for our systems are available on our regional Driver Download pages.
US Site: http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Do you see the devices in Device Manager?

Do they have an ! or X on them?

You can use the Hardware Vendor Detection tool to determine what hardware is in your system.

Need to know the hardware on your system to choose the right drivers?

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base Articles
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Regular Visitor
acer-user

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have E1-531 Acer Aspire, but no one of the drivers in the website were found by the auto installation manager of the Device Manager of Windows 7 32 bit.

The bluetooth device is installed and working as I see it from the taskbar, but the wireless network card somehow could not be installed with the drivers from the website.

Actually I cannot contact online chat support because the system requires SN/SNID validation, but when I enter it, the system returns error that such SN is not found, which is absurd, because the notebook is in my hands.

You need to enhance your system.

Could you help me ?

Check the images below.

Thank you in advance

[removed images with serial number]

info2.png

Regular Visitor
acer-user

[ Edited ]

Could anyone of the support guys help with my issue ?

@Acer-Tommy - could you give me a suggestion ?

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

[ Edited ]

The issue with SN validation on a particular website is likely due to it being a regional website that does not see the serial numbers from other regions.

Have you attempted to use the tool I mentioned above to properly detect the chipset of the Network driver?

There are three different wireless LAN drivers available on our drivers site.

Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Regular Visitor
acer-user

Hello Acer-Tommy,

Yes I have used the tool and found that the vendor is Atheros, but the driver wasn't applied. I tried to update the driver through the Device Manager, right click on the network controller and update the driver. After that choosing the folder with the driver, but then the system does not find a useful driver.

Any ideas ?

BR,

Kaloyan

Regular Visitor
crvenidzin

I have exactly the same problem, i cant install atheros adapter on the same notebook, it looks the same like in previous pictures, of course in different language. Has anybody found the solution for this problem yet.

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

Please send me a PM with the serial number of the system in question.

What is indicated by the hardware detection tool when you run it?

Regular Visitor
crvenidzin

Hardware Vendor Detection Tool said WirellesLAN Atheros., but I cant install drivers from Acer offcial site.

Is there a specific procedure to install this drivers.

Regular Visitor
crvenidzin

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Member philetus really stepped up this past month with 160 replies and a good share of Kudos. It looks like he is on a fast track to being a true leader here! Thank you from all of us philetus.

Frequent Contributor

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: