2013 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Visitor
Sgtmeatloaf

Wireless Adapter Not Working. Aspire V3-571G.

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I recently installed Windows 7 on my Acer Aspire V3-571G-9686, the laptop came with Windows 8 pre-installed but it was extremely annoying so I downgraded. Upon the reinstallion, the laptop decided that it didn't want to automatically update its own drivers (like every other computer with windows 7 I have ever used). So I downloaded and installed all of the drivers specified for the laptop from the acer website.

As it stands, the laptop has all of the "required" drivers installed but the wireless isn't working. There is no wireless icon in the system tray and the wireless light won't turn on (fn + f3 does nothing). In "Computer Management" it says that the Network Controller does not have the drivers installed for the device, which they are. 

So if anyone could be of assistance it would be highly appreciated, I would prefer to not have to use an Ethernet cable everywhere I go.

Frequent Contributor
Mr_Helper

Re: Wireless Adapter Not Working. Aspire V3-571G.

Hi,

Verify in the BIOS (setup) that all wireless services are working

ACE Pioneer
Alan-London

Re: Wireless Adapter Not Working. Aspire V3-571G.

If Driver Manager is indicating 'no driver installed' then I'm pretty sure you have no driver installed!

Did you install the correct driver for your hardware? Check whether you have WLAN Atheros or WLAN Broadcom (not to be confused with Broadcom Ethernet which you should also have).

Have you downloaded 'LaunchManager' application? On my M5, this is needed for FN + F3 to work (it is not hardwired). It may be the same for the V3.

I have no experience of the V3 BIOS but the service guide certainly shows no WLAN settings that I could find (nor would I expect to find any). Of course the service guide could show an old BIOS I guess.

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Please take a moment to review the latest Community News article to learn about new changes to your community membership.

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: