Windows could not complete the installation,to install restart the installation

bjkenny
bjkenny Member Posts: 1 New User

Computer hadWindows could not complete the installation,to install restart the installation been acting strangely. Attempted to restore system setting and preserve user data. Started then failure,  I received the message:  Windows could not complete the installation. To install windows on this computer, restart the installation.

Contacted Acer ordered $20 recovery CDs. Installed those and booted the system - Same Results. I have no functioning Acer. It effectively a paper weight.

Doing a search on the internet turned up numerous hits on this same message. I've tried some of the easy ones that I might have overlooked. Nothing works.

Most suggestions are fairly lightweight and done from a running system, useless to me.

I've tried eerestore, I've tried the various modes, I've tried the Acer supplied disks, nothing is working.

Do anyone have a solution that can be done from a 'dead' box and will allow me to get it functioning again.

I'm currently considering installing UBUNTU and see if I can at least get my data of this box, before I throw it out.

Then I'll be replacing Acer laptop and Acer tablet with. Last straw, I'm done with Acer.

Answers

This discussion has been closed.