This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

newera

Windows 8 recovery disk

Hi guys

I bought an Acer W700 and there was no recovery disk with it. Can I download it from somewhere?

Thanks

newera

Re: Windows 8 recovery disk

In actual fact I have access to Windows 8 downloads. Would I be able to install Windows 8 as I normally install other versions of windows, or do I need a specific version for Acer???

Becuase I would think that I can easily download Windows 8 and download the drivers etc after... right?

ACE Pioneer
padgett

You can use a standard Windows 8 or 8.1 ISO to load an Acer device (some models only support 32 bit versions) but afterwards you have to load the special Acer drivers (can download from the support page) to make things like a touch screen or thermal management or WiFi work.

Luggable, 1983
My first PC
ob note: Kudos and Solutions
Appreciated if Warranted.
Notary Sojack Y'all
Occasional Contributor
exscentric

On the 700p there is an acer recovery where you can make a restore usb stick.

newera

Hi

Apparently there is also this link http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-usb-recovery-drive

I did not understand the 700p  post....

ACE Pioneer
billsey

Some models of the W700/W700P come with a recovery partition instead of a recovery disc set or recovery thumb drive.

newera

I do have a recovery partition. I will download that from Microsoft and see if it is ok.

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Long time Acer Community member and leader Padgett has reached a new milestone of 1500 posts helping and guiding others to solution. Please join me in congratulating Padgett on this accomplishment.

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: