This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Visitor
dannychen

Windows 8 Drivers for Acer Aspire 4745G

Dear Acer,

Can you please develop the Windows 8 Driver for Acer Aspire 4745G before 31st of January 2013 in order for me to grab the limited time upgrade offer of Microsoft.

Thank you

Best Regards

Danny Chen

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

Re: Windows 8 Drivers for Acer Aspire 4745G

The Windows 8 Upgrade offer information is available here:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/windows-upgrade-offer

All drivers for supported Windows 8 systems are posted.

There are no further system qualifications or drivers pending.

If your system is not on the list, it is not supported for Windows 8 and there are no plans for support of Windows 8 in the future.

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base Articles
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

New Visitor
bbmadzky

That's one straight answer and it hurts us consumers much. Offering us no solution to a still competent laptop is a big disappointment from you Acer.

Visitor
best1809

Very disappointed.

New Visitor
delord

[ Edited ]

I really regret bought this product not because Quality is poor but the Support is very dissapointed...!!! So, for Aspire 4745G users will only stuck with Windows 7...Only Windows 7..!! 

[edited to comply with guidelines]

Spoiler
:manfrustrated::manfrustrated::manembarrassed:
New Visitor
Katsuo

Dear Acer

Why Acer 4745G not suport driver for windows 8??

Swicthable not functions...

please tell me... 

New Visitor
Rubiphisto

[ Edited ]

I will not buy any ACER product. NEVER!!!!EVER!!!!

You abandon me! so do i

ACE Pioneer
Leho

Humanity never ceases to amaze. 

Here are a bunch of folk upset because they cannot install Windows 8 on their OLD computers.  Yet this forum is littered with postings from folks who got NEW computers with Windows 8, which they hate.  Their troubles in trying to replace it with Windows 7, which in their opinion is a much superior OS, are well documented on this forum.

It shows that you (and Acer) can't please everybody.

My sage :smileyfrustrated:advice to the OLD computer folks is to be happy and enjoy Windows 7. To the NEW computer folks is get used to it, Windows 8 is not that difficult to learn, enjoy your new computer.

Leho 

New Visitor
dmytro_ielkin

Hi everybody!

If anyone still needs help with this one here's what you need to do. You need to go to acer downloads and get the latest Broadcom wifi driver. Your system may indicate that the driver is already is up to date but it uses some Microsoft driver which isn't any good.

After installing Broadcom driver my download speed when from 3 to 20 as expected.

Leader
Vince53

Leho, we need more people with your attitude.

Many older computers can be upgraded to Windows 8, BUT the internal hardware of a new Windows 8 computer includes changes that older computers obvously don't have. The problem isn't a lack of drivers; the problem is that the hardware inside your laptop cannot run Windows 8.

As much as I love Windows 8, if your computer runs well on an older OS, you'll do fine. I was stuck with Windows XP for years, but it did everything well. I was able to upgrade my Windows 7 desktop to Windows 8 with no problems, but if I did have problems, Windows 7 was working fine.

Hope this helps.

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Member philetus really stepped up this past month with 160 replies and a good share of Kudos. It looks like he is on a fast track to being a true leader here! Thank you from all of us philetus.

Frequent Contributor

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: