When will the Acer C720 Chromebook be available in the United Kingdom?

2»

Answers

• therethere
    therethere Member Posts: 6 New User

yeah, im yet to see a 4GB model of this C720 in europe. All say expandable, but the device itselft has the RAM soldered. So let's wait Smiley Happy

• UphillGardener
    UphillGardener Member Posts: 1 New User

Now out of stock in PC World / Currys Smiley Sad

• NBachers
    NBachers Member Posts: 4 New User

Yes, the PC World states: 2 GB DDR3 (4 GB maximum installable RAM).  I called Acer from USA to UK, and spoke with someone who transferred me to another department.  After a long wait, the "another department" turned out to be "another country."  I kept asking about:  1.  Will a 4 gb model be released? and 2.  How can the 2 gb RAM be upgraded to 4 gb?  Nothing but long waits and frustration, I was told, "That information is not available at this time.  You'll just have to wait."  I said, "Wait, am I talking with Acer Corporation?  How can Acer Corporation have no information about an Acer Computer?"  Also, I finally found a way to email the same questions to Acer's vaunted Support Team last week, but nobody's bothered to respond. 

I'm a motivated customer trying to spend money on this company's products.  Unfortunately, they're doing everything to prevent me from doing so.

• therethere
    therethere Member Posts: 6 New User

yeah, i also asked them. no luck. really bad their customer support.

This discussion has been closed.