What steps do I need to do first before I upgrade my aspireone KAV10 (AOD150) to windows 7 ?

Options
ROOKI3
ROOKI3 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

can someone help me? I want to upgrade my aspireone AOD150 KAV10 to windows 7, but I need to know what steps I need to do to successfully upgrade it. Like do I first install all updates that I got from acer for windows XP, then update bios, then upgrade to windows 7 and finally install updates for windows 7 from acer (which I also already downloaded them)?

thanks

Answers

• Tabbiekatz
    Tabbiekatz Member Posts: 760 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

First and foremost, you need Ram. The AOD150 can handle up to 2 GB of DDR2 667 MHz memory, one soDIMM slot for a total system memory of 2 GB. Now, if you need a bigger hard drive, good luck. This model only comes with the 160G hard drive. I do not know if it can handle anything bigger, but you can always store your data on an external hard drive. That should be about it. I would put Win 7 32bit on this. It probebly will not be able to handle the 64bit OS.

• ROOKI3
    ROOKI3 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I already upgraded my memory, as for hd I'm happy with the one it came with. so if I want to upgrade to windows 7 should I update all downloaded files for XP and then update my bios and last install windows 7 and any updates that acer has out for windows 7?

thanks

• Tabbiekatz
    Tabbiekatz Member Posts: 760 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

No, just upgrade. Before that though, I'd download all the drivers for your comptuer off of the support website just in case.

This discussion has been closed.