What are the odds of getting a working WIFI if I return the Acer R7-571 unit?

Options
njcurveball
njcurveball Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Since I read a post from Acer (shown below) that only a small percentage of units are affected. What are the odds I will get a working unit if I return mine?

I will give this 2 days to try to resolve. I have spent 4 to 5 hours on different tests and research. I know Acer will say contact them and have it shipped back, but in doing that I will lose the option of returning it to Best Buy for a refund. There should be a "lemon law" with computers and maybe then companies would be more motivated to fix obvious issues.

In looking at other threads on this forums they have a few replies, the one on the Acer WIFI issues, has hundreds. Their customer sevice reminds me of a quote from Gordon Gecko in Wall Street :

"If they owned a funeral home, no one would be dying!"

Acer's post from a few weeks ago :

We’ve been monitoring the complaints received regarding the wireless capabilities in the R7-571 for some time now and recognize that while it is affecting a small percentage of units, we want to address this immediately.

Answers

• DrkBluePenguin
    DrkBluePenguin Member Posts: 18

Tinkerer

Options

I have an V3-771G and there is n obvious defect in the wifi card. Out of the box if you use wifi and bluetooth the card crashes and the laptop bsod when trying to restart. Sent it in twice to have it replaced, first time they just reinsalled the os, second time they replaced the card and the issue is still there.

Basically the odds are slim.

This discussion has been closed.