Webcam program has disappeared and is telling me my webcam isn't plugged in. how do i fix this?

Options
Countrychick53
Countrychick53 Member Posts: 3 New User

I recently had to install a new hard drive on my Acer Aspire Notebook 7741Z-5731. When my computer was back up and running I noticed that my Acer webcam program had disappeared. I went to the Acer web site and downloaded the Acer Crystal Eye program for my webcam (thats what I had on here before). I go to install the program and it tells me that my webcam isn't plugged in and that I should plug it in and then re-try the download. When I look at my actual webcam device the computer says that it is installed properly and working. Please help me get my webcam working again!!

Answers

• nicecat64
    nicecat64 Member Posts: 12 New User
    Options

I have an Acer Aspire 5250-BZ669 laptop.Everything on my computer works except my WebCam.I used it on Windows Movie Maker,but I tried to get it on outside of the Movie Maker,it doesn't work.I clicked Start to get the WebCam program.I get this box that says "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.""It started yesterday.I tried Windows Update.It didn't work.How do I fix the Web Cam?

This discussion has been closed.