W510 cannot automatic repair and stuck

Options
Xindy
Xindy Member Posts: 1 New User

just got my new acer w510.  After I shut it down, it automatic repaired for about 10 minutes, then said cannot automatic repair. It has two options, one is shut down and other is advanced options, but the touch screen not working. Pc is stuck.

Answers

• Steve8166
    Steve8166 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have just got Acer Platinum Silver on the Aspire V5-571 series.

i have exactly the same problem, it keeps stating automatic repair could,nt repair your PC.

I have tried all sorts even the advanced options and it states it cannot find Operating System.

PLEASE HELP

• Swederell
    Swederell Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

BUMP!

Mine has done the exact same thing. however it was after a reset to factory settings so there shouldn't be anything wrong with it at all.

• bex
    bex Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I have the same problem.  New (refurbished) W510.   Turned it on for the first time, set it up, and then started downloading an update and it shut down and then goes into Automatic Repair, but I can't select either of the options.

Is this easily fixable or do I need to send it in for a repair? 

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

Is this a 32 or 64gb (64 should have on board recovery partition, 32 should have two recovery CDs and a DVD.) Do you have a powered DVD reader ?

• bex
    bex Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

It's the 32 gb and it was refurbidshed so it did not come with any discs.  I can boot into the BIOS, and it says Total Memory is 2048 MB there though.  I do not have a DVD reader.  

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

There are a lot of threads but with a 32GB you will nned the three recovey disks and a USB DVD reader (preferably self powered or you will need a powered hib also.

See here.

This discussion has been closed.