W3 Restore details??

Options
Leonid
Leonid Member Posts: 121 Troubleshooter

I have done the Acer "make restore on USB drive but.

Can I combine the restore drive and the driver/Apps drive?

Can I partition the USB drive for the restore process?

Answers

• heinz4u
    heinz4u Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I just saw this post we are having issues none of our USB ports work when we all try to charge our I phones doesent work where so I find this restore USB at thanks

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

" when we all try to charge our I phones" - how many are you trying to charge at once ? Clover Trail tablets have very limited 5v USB power. A DVD (1) is at the limit and I use a powered hub for multiple devices.

• Leonid
    Options

What I meant to say is the W3 restore instructions show to create two discs - one for system and one for drivers. Can I make one restore disc (thumb drive) that has both?

Thank you

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

Not sure, you could run into duplicate naming. Be best if you could create multiple partitons and use one for each disk. I am not sure if you can do that with a removable disk though something is niggling at the back of my brane that it can be done (after all some report as both a flash drive and a CD...)

• Leonid
    Options

Thanks Padgett, I will try partioning when I am back home and see?

• Leonid
    Options

Sorry Padgett, I have been traveling and it will be a while before the W3 catches up with me. I will post about the dual partitions when I get it back.

This discussion has been closed.