VIA USB 3.0 ROOT HUB

Options
ThomasB
ThomasB Member Posts: 4 New User

Trouble shooting shows "Driver For VIA USB 3.0 Root Hub" but 'Fix Problem' will not install the driver I need.  What can I do? 

Best Answer

• ThomasB
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you so much.  I will try those things...then probably just give up.  Is there any danger in running my comuter with that warning hanging over it?  It seems to be functioning ok.  Guess it might be time for a new CPU and some new programs.  Sometimes I feel like I'm hitchhiking up the cyber highway.  Thank you again for you kind replies.

Answers

• MartinF
    MartinF Member Posts: 51 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi

Go to the Driver Download section of the Website for your Region. Choose your model and OS, then download and install the USB 3.0 Driver.

• ThomasB
    Options

Thank you for the quick reply.  I can't  seem to find my OS.  I am running Firefox on Windows 7. 

• MartinF
    Options
    What model is your computer?
  • ThomasB
    Options

Aspire M5100; 32 Bit; Running Windows 7 on Firefox.

• MartinF
    Options

Hi

Seems Acer only support XP and Vista on this machine so no Windows 7 Driver available from them.

If you go in to Device Manager, double click the item with the missing driver, go to the Details tab and change the Dropdown to Hardware ID's.. then take the VEN and DEV ID's and paste them in to Google, it may bring up a Windows 7 Driver. E.G 'VEN_8086&DEV_0166'.. it will be different numbers for your device.

If that doesn't work, you could try a Driver Finder, e.g. Uniblue Driver Scanner to see if it can download a Driver for you.

• ThomasB
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you so much.  I will try those things...then probably just give up.  Is there any danger in running my comuter with that warning hanging over it?  It seems to be functioning ok.  Guess it might be time for a new CPU and some new programs.  Sometimes I feel like I'm hitchhiking up the cyber highway.  Thank you again for you kind replies.

• MartinF
    Options
    No problem. No danger at all running it like that.. you'll probably find one or two of your USB ports don't work that's all (the ones with the blue inside.. if USB 3.0 was marked like that when your computer was made)
This discussion has been closed.