Unable to set up windows 7 after format

Options
Logan
Logan Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, I formatted my cousins Acer Aspire 5252 Notebook. After the format, I am not able to setup windows 7. I have the cd. I then tried to restore back to factory settings and let it run, it gave me an Error Code:

Restore failed - Error Code = 0x45d (WIMApplyImage Cannot apply image: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thank-you in advance.

Answers

• marjorielard
    marjorielard Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I paid $20 for disks to help a friend fix her son's laptop. He got this Gateway NV53A as a Christmas gift in 2011.

Being spanish and not good with computers, not ebven knowing how to set up an internet connection, he hasn't opened it to use until this year and it only worked for two weeks. Then got a disk read error.

While trying to restore this system with the restore disks I got the following message:

"Restore failed - Error code=0x45d(The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error"

Are you telling me that Acer won't address this issue in the forums for customers?

I see I'm not the only one with this issue.

And so far I see no ADMIN answering questions helpfully. But just referring people to Customer Support which means MONEY!

Is Acer just trying to fleece folks for $99 per issue instead of offering advice?

Come on guys, really?

This discussion has been closed.