Tablet repair

Options
Titterington
Titterington Member Posts: 2 New User

I sent my tablet in for repair for the 3rd time. They finally said they fixed the problem by replacing the mainboard and updated the BIOS. However, my 64G tablet is now a 22G tablet. The warrantee ended during the last fix. I have an email from them that I would get a 90 day warrantee on the repair but I can't get into the support line because the original warrantee is up, the repair 800 number won't recognize my SNID so won't let me talk to live person. What can I do? I want to know where the rest of my 40G memory went.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Open File Explorer (folder on Desktop taskbar), right click on ThisPC and choose Manage. From there you can look at the full drive in Disk Management to see both it's capacity (likely 57GB for a 64GB drive) and the partition sizes.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Titterington
    Titterington Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thank you. I did that and found out they had replaced my 64GB mainboard with a 32GB mainboard. Now my tablet is back for its 4th repair. We are not impressed with Acer's support techs. The first 2 times they had my tablet to fix they did nothing. My tablet was constantly freezing or giving the BSOD if I laid it flat for only a minute. But they couldn't see that. The 3rd time we sent it in they kept it long enough to check it out and see the mainboard needed to be replaced. But instead of putting the right one in they grab a 32GB board. Not impressed at all. At this point we wouldn't recommend Acer.
This discussion has been closed.