2013 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Regular Visitor
Emeric190

Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete

My acer just crashed. It says "preparing automatic repair" and afterwards it get frozen at "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete "

What should I do? 

I do not have a windows 8 CD as it came pre installed.

Acer TravelMate P253-E

Ally
Sharanji

Re: Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete

Your computer is shipped with a recovery partition to create recovery disc.
Since the computer get frozen at "Repairing disk errors", this coulf be an issue with hard disk.
You may chat with an Acer technician to resolve the issue ot setup warranty repair if your computer is in warranty.
Here is the weblink fro live chat : http://acer.custhelp.com/app/chat/pre_chat_launch
Note: While I am an Acer employee or contracted employee, my contributions to Acer Community are my own and not representative of Acer or its views.
Regular Visitor
Emeric190

Re: Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete

I just bought the laptop and when i try to enter my serial no or snid it says that is not valid.

Any ideas?

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Please join me in congratulating IronFly who is the first Acer Community Member to achieve the rank of ACE Pathfinder. IronFly has shown a consistent willingness to help others and has worked hard to earn this new Rank. Congrats and Thank You IronFly.

ACE Pathfinder

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: