This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Visitor
DazedAgain

Recovery from USB - Windows 8

Hi,

I've just bought an Acer laptop, Acer Aspire E1-571.

I created the recovery USB flash drive using the ACER eRecovery software from within Windows 8. It says it is successful and copies over 12GB to the flash drive.

I thought I would test it, to ensure it does actually work. So, I have change the boot order in the BIOS prioritise the flash drive and when restarted with the flash drive plugged in, it boots in to a blue screen where I have to choose a language. I then click on Use a Device (which it sucessfully identifies on the next page). I select the device and at this point the computer restarts and I'm taken back to the point where I choose a language. I presume it is not working as it should go to the next stages warning me to of complete loss of data etc.

I have tried full-formatting the flash drive as FAT32.

There are no BIOS updates available, nor are there any updates to the erecovery software.

I'd appreciate some help. Any ideas?

I've found a video on youtube, from Acer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm7xY_hviaY However, she chooses "Troubleshoot" and not "Use a Device". Why?

Thanks,

David.

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Please join me in congratulating IronFly who is the first Acer Community Member to achieve the rank of ACE Pathfinder. IronFly has shown a consistent willingness to help others and has worked hard to earn this new Rank. Congrats and Thank You IronFly.

ACE Pathfinder

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: