Recovery for AOA110

iclick
iclick Member Posts: 4 New User

My AOA110 has failed once again in the same manner as the first, which is a BSOD while booting into WinXP Home.  The error screen disappears so fast that I can't read the info therein, and it immediately reboots.  The first time I couldn't obtain recovery disks, so I returned it to Acer for warranty repair.  Now it has failed again, the warranty is expired, and recovery disks are still nowhere to be found, even on Ebay.  Wouldn't we expect to have recovery disks in the original package?  Does anyone have any idea where to obtain these?  The netbook came with two CDs, one labelled "System," which will boot, and the other "Windows XP Operating System" which will not.  When I let the System disk boot it re-partitions the HD and then asks for "Recovery Disk 1," which I never had and don't appear to be available anywhere.

I'm the IT mgr. in this office and in my 30 years of experience with computers I've never worked with one that didn't have the ability to recover to its original state.  OTOH, this is the only netbook we've had in the office and perhaps this is typical for these devices--but if it is I won't be ordering more.  I don't want to install with another OS license if possible, and all we have here are Pro versions of XP and Win7, which may or may not work with available drivers.  Any help will be appreciated.

Answers

• Tabbiekatz
    Tabbiekatz Member Posts: 760 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Are you in US or Canada? There is a website, http://store.acer.com. There is a phone number as well there. If you are outside these countries, then you would need to talk to the acer support for your country to get one ordered.

• iclick
    iclick Member Posts: 4 New User

I did as you advised and they indicated that recovery disks are indeed available for $20.  OTOH, the description I received makes me think I already have the two "recovery disks" they are selling.  What I'll need to do it find out why these don't work as expected, if they in fact are recovery disks.  Thanks for the tip, as I had assumed if they didn't exist on-line they were unavailable.

This discussion has been closed.