Received "Acer has known compatibility issues with this version of Windows after downloading updates

Brauma
Brauma Member Posts: 1 New User

I downloaded updates last night and received this message today,"Acer has known compatibility issues with this version of Windows . Should I cancel or run?  Windows did not have any "solutions to the problem."

Answers

• m_heflin76
    m_heflin76 Member Posts: 1 New User

I did the updates as well and I'm now having the same problem too!!!

• meme1942
    meme1942 Member Posts: 1 New User

I received the same message and I also am unsure what to do...is there an answer to this issue ???

• ThV5k
    ThV5k Member Posts: 327

Tinkerer

Hello

Quite sure that this issue will be brought to Acer's attention and that they will resolve the issue and post a solution.

Good day.

• seansimp925
    seansimp925 Member Posts: 2 New User

It looks like ACER just pushed an updated package out to handle this issue.  I'm currently downloading it and will post up success or failure.  Just hit the "check for updates" button.  It didn't work 20 minutes ago but this time it found a file and directed me an ACER download page.

• seansimp925
    seansimp925 Member Posts: 2 New User

It appears to have worked.

• PaulusBilla
    PaulusBilla Member Posts: 4 New User
    I was unaware of this message and yes I do read messages like this IF I get them.

After a recent (12/3/13 2.45am) critical windows update my system refuses to
    A) start normally
    B) startup repair fails
    C) last know good configuration fails
    D) restore points fail WindowsUpdate.log extraction error and dberr.txt extraction error (catroot2)
    E) restore to defaults (with backup) fails (I/O device error)

The only thing I haven't tried yet is factory default restore (without backup) which I am loathe to do as I do not want to lose my work, pictures and music etc.

HELP This laptop I bought from Brighthouse in Maidstone less than 7 months ago and this is the second time this has happened!!! (Last time restore with backup worked) and think this is really awful. I know this is probably not Acer but the windows update at fault (I'm sending them the message as well) but I need help. My laptop is fully protected (anti-virus etc) and should have given me no problems. I need my laptop to work again! I attach a photo taken of the restore with backup error message. My contact phone number is 07881458697 if this is something that can be talked through over the phone.
  • PaulusBilla
    Oh and I no longer have restore points as I have attempted the factory restore (with backup) and looks like they were wiped
  • PaulusBilla
    AND I no longer get the option to repair my computer when spamming F8 (just tried restarting) just safe mode. So I have by looks of things lost EVERTYTHING
  • PaulusBilla
    Including the ability to recover to factory defaults
This discussion has been closed.