2013 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

New Visitor
Brauma

Received "Acer has known compatibility issues with this version of Windows after downloading updates

I downloaded updates last night and received this message today,"Acer has known compatibility issues with this version of Windows . Should I cancel or run?  Windows did not have any "solutions to the problem."

Frequent Visitor
m_heflin76

Re: Received "Acer has known compatibility issues with this version of Windows after downloadin

I did the updates as well and I'm now having the same problem too!!!

New Visitor
meme1942

Re: Received "Acer has known compatibility issues with this version of Windows after downloadin

I received the same message and I also am unsure what to do...is there an answer to this issue ???

Established Contributor
ThV5k

Hello

Quite sure that this issue will be brought to Acer's attention and that they will resolve the issue and post a solution.

Good day.

New Visitor
seansimp925

It looks like ACER just pushed an updated package out to handle this issue.  I'm currently downloading it and will post up success or failure.  Just hit the "check for updates" button.  It didn't work 20 minutes ago but this time it found a file and directed me an ACER download page.

New Visitor
seansimp925

It appears to have worked.

PaulusBilla

I was unaware of this message and yes I do read messages like this IF I get them.

After a recent (12/3/13 2.45am) critical windows update my system refuses to
A) start normally
B) startup repair fails
C) last know good configuration fails
D) restore points fail WindowsUpdate.log extraction error and dberr.txt extraction error (catroot2)
E) restore to defaults (with backup) fails (I/O device error)

The only thing I haven't tried yet is factory default restore (without backup) which I am loathe to do as I do not want to lose my work, pictures and music etc.

HELP This laptop I bought from Brighthouse in Maidstone less than 7 months ago and this is the second time this has happened!!! (Last time restore with backup worked) and think this is really awful. I know this is probably not Acer but the windows update at fault (I'm sending them the message as well) but I need help. My laptop is fully protected (anti-virus etc) and should have given me no problems. I need my laptop to work again! I attach a photo taken of the restore with backup error message. My contact phone number is 07881458697 if this is something that can be talked through over the phone.
PaulusBilla

Oh and I no longer have restore points as I have attempted the factory restore (with backup) and looks like they were wiped
PaulusBilla

AND I no longer get the option to repair my computer when spamming F8 (just tried restarting) just safe mode. So I have by looks of things lost EVERTYTHING
PaulusBilla

Including the ability to recover to factory defaults

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Member philetus really stepped up this past month with 160 replies and a good share of Kudos. It looks like he is on a fast track to being a true leader here! Thank you from all of us philetus.

Frequent Contributor

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: