This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Frequent Visitor

Product Key and Product Registration

I cannot register my Acer Notebook because Acer does not accept my 25 character Product Key. I have rechecked the key on the bottom of the computer umteen times and I know I enter it correctly but Acer responds it is not correct. How frustrating! Also, I cannot get a Product Registration Code from Acer. I cannot get Acer Support to help me with any of this. I am disappointed in Acer!

JOHN  

Leader
Vince53

Re: Product Key and Product Registration

Have no fear. Acer NEVER uses the letter "O" in its serial numbers. They look like "O"s, but they're zeroes. Try again, and if that doesn't work, repost and we'll try again.

Hope this helps.
Contributing Member
DrkBluePenguin

Acer dosen't have product keys. They have serial numbers. Could you posibly be copying the wrong set of number? You can use this program to copy and paste your Acer information. 

http://support.gateway.com/support/serialharvest/SerialNumber/SystemInformationSetup.msi

Acer owns gateway, it's acer software.

Leader
Vince53

DarkBlue, you're the man! That link is great. I installed it easitly, ran it easily, and then dragged it into my "Help" folder.

Hope this helps.
Did you know? Acer Community is also available in the following languages: