Problem with my Acer Aspire 5750G Notebook

dukeyboyz1
dukeyboyz1 Member Posts: 2 New User

Using the Acer e recovery  system, I was using option 1- restoring my notebook  back to manufacturers default settings leaving my documents still intact. Everything was going good until I got a notice on the screen that it was reinstalling Windows7 then the screen went blank and white. I have tried many times since but the screen goes white  when pressing the 'on' button.

I have even removed the battery overnight and replaced it, turned on but the blank white screen reappears.

Unfortunately I never made a Recovery disc as I was admitted to Hospital two days after purchasing the notebook, and by the time i was discharged two weeks after, I genuinely forgot. Please can anyone advise me......................

Answers

• st3ph3nnity
    st3ph3nnity Member Posts: 220 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

I have had a similar problem while trying to restore to factory settings...I resolved it by using the Hirens Boot disc which is free to download and use...it has always worked with any problems like this that I have had and is worth giving a try I believe...if you decide to use this,then try the "Boot from hard drive" program...you will need to change the boot prioriy in the BIOS by pressing the F2 screen at the Acer start-up logo...then going to Boot,and moving the usb/cd rom setting to the top...don`t forget to save changes when exiting.

The link is here...

http://www.hirensbootcd.org/about/

• dukeyboyz1
    dukeyboyz1 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi There

Many thanks for your suggestion. I have downloaded from my other computer 'Hirens Boot disc'  and I have managed to  recover Acer logo on screen at start up, pressed f2 and carried out your suggestions in bios to the letter.

I now get a notice 'Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation' which I am at present unable to carry out. I dont know if you have any other thoughts.

Thanks anyway.                                                        

• st3ph3nnity
    st3ph3nnity Member Posts: 220 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Hi...did it attempt to load any of the program before the message and does the screen now seem free from the proir problem ? ...I guess you don`t have a recovery/restore disc so I think I would try several things...I would try to load one of the mini windows programs that are on the Hirens disc (win 7 is one) or one of the linux programs to see if the machine ran ok...I`d also try one of the hard disc test programs etc to see if it seemed to be a hard disc problem...this all takes time of course and can be frustrating...I was lucky in that the few times I`ve had issues like this the Hirens disc sorted them for me...(although I had a complete hard disc failure yesterday on a machine while trying to restore).

ps...if you do have a restore disc...if after several attempts at restoring etc did not work,I would wipe the drive (DBan on the Hirens disc) and then re-install the operating system from the disc...this has also worked for me but takes several hours.

There are several pages on this site about erecovery...http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12869.

This discussion has been closed.