This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Visitor
dreamhound

Preparing Automatic Repair

So, last night I tried to reformat my ACER V3 551G laptop with the Acer Recovery tool so I said okay I'll do it, but it took to long like 35% for like 5 hours. Seriously HP does it in like 30 minutes to reformat their laptops, but anyways. I got fed up and was tired and went to bed and now today the laptop is stuck in a loop for and keeps on saying Preparing Automatic Repairs and Diagnosing your PC and it just stalls there. I tried to go to safe mode but it doesn't work. I tried command prompt but it doesn't work or either that I don't know the proper commands to these things. It did not come with recovery disk or any disk at all, but a crappy manuel. Seriously this would never happen on HP because it would have finished in like 30 minutes and none of this would happen. If I don't get this fixed. I'm never buying anything from Acer at all anymore. I just need some help to get to safemode or command prompt or something stop this. I can't even get to Windows 8 Recovery. I did it the first time but I did the process of doing the repairs again to see if it worked but still does it and I forgot how to get back. Can anyone help me seriously this is fustrating.

Acer Technician
Acer-Blayn

Re: Preparing Automatic Repair

Three failed boot attempts should take you into Windows 8 recovery. If the computer is not going into safe mode or to the command prompt, you would most likely need to restore it using recovery disks. I recommend you contact warranty support for your region to inquire about ordering recovery media. You can also order media online at http://store.acer.com

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service Locations
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

Visitor
MikeGinter

Re: Preparing Automatic Repair

I'm having the same problem.  The laptop is only 3 months old!  I even tried inserting another Windows 8 DVD after changing the boot order.  The installation program then stalled.

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Long time Acer Community member and leader Padgett has reached a new milestone of 1500 posts helping and guiding others to solution. Please join me in congratulating Padgett on this accomplishment.

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: