2013 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Frequent Visitor
mzoli
Accepted Solution

P3-171 How to change from Windows 8.1 back to Windows 8?

I bought my P3-171. I downloaded all Windows updates, then I installed Windows 8.1. Then everything became extremly slow, so I decided to return to Windows 8. Before that I installed the latest BIOS to v2.07. I saw that Windows 8.1 created a new partition of 300 Mb.

Now my questions are:

1. How can I delete that partition?

2. How can I use the full factory reset from the recovery DVD (2nd option on the list)? When I try to use it, it says, that all the information must be deleted before continuing (but how?)

3. If somehow I could active the above mentioned 2nd point, will I loose the system partition originally created before purchasing P3? If yes, will my Windows 8 remain activated after reinstalling it? I don't know if there are any information on that system partition.

I did reinstall Windows 8, but that partition created by Win 8.1 still there. I know it's my fault, but I don't want to have that... That's why I decided to do a full factory reset (I don't know how is it in English exactly, but that is the 2nd option after starting the installation from the recovery DVD).

Sorry for my English, I hope, you can understand my problem, and I also hope, someone could give me some help as well. Thank you, guys!

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

Re: P3-171 How to change from Windows 8.1 back to Windows 8?

Just use the recovery options for Windows 8 to return the system to Windows 8.

Don't worry about anything else created for Windows 8.1.

Please review this article:
Reloading your Acer Computer

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base Articles
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Did you know? Acer Community is also available in the following languages: