Open back case of az5600 all in one

Options
Bethr
Bethr Member Posts: 3 New User

he pc is overheating and shutting down.  I need to probably clean it.  I have never opened the pc! How do you do it?  Anyone have a video.

Answers

• Joshua188
    Joshua188 Member Posts: 523 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options
  • snowman2765
    snowman2765 Member Posts: 34 New User
    Options

I have an az5700. the chassis is the same. pm me your email and i will forward you the service manual with illustrated instructions.

• Bethr
    Options

I did find the manual at manualowl, I believe.  Sothanks for making me think about searching for it that way.  I have been trying to open the ram case as shown in the manual but it does not want to lift up.  The manual always makes it seem so easy! I apply pressure down on the bottom side of the ram case while simultaneously try to lift up at the top.  It just seems like I am going to break the case.  Any tips?

• Bethr
    Options

Yea I watched this video and it is a different kind of case.  I have a z5600 - the burgandy color case.  I has a seperate ram case in the center that you have to apparently take off first.  Not having much luck at it.  The case just feels like I going break it.  No budging or lifting up very easily.

• tom85
    tom85 Member Posts: 257 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options
    1. Lay a towel down on a flat, stable surface.

2. Turn off the power to the Z5600 and unplug the power cable, then lay the computer face down on top of the towel.

3. Apply pressure at the base of the RAM cover with one hand, while lifting the top edge of the cover with the other. Set the RAM cover aside. You will see a hinge cover with vent holes under the connections, and a metal shield covering the RAM over the connections.

4. Grasp the cover with both hands and lift it away. You must remove the hinge cover to create enough room to slide the shield off.

5. Slide the metal shield covering the RAM toward the connections. You will find the RAM slots underneath.

6. Ground yourself by touching a metal part of the chassis.

7. Press the tabs on either side of the RAM stick to unlock it. You will hear a click when the tabs unlock. Lift the RAM module straight up from the slot.

8. Place the new RAM module into the slot by sliding it into place. The groove in the connections on the RAM module should line up with the raised area in the RAM slot. It will only fit in one way.

9. Press firmly on both sides of the RAM module to seat it in the slot. You will hear another click when the tabs lock into place.

10. Reinstall the RAM shield, hinge cover and RAM cover.

This discussion has been closed.