Need touchscreen drivers for M3-581PTG

Cabbages
Cabbages Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello

I've recently re-installed windows 8, and I noticed that device manager is reporting my laptop monitor as Generic-PNP, so I'm guessing this is why the touchscreen isn't working anymore.

However, I can't seem to find the touchscreen drivers anywhere on the acer support site or the web, can anyone help?

Thanks -

Answers

• Cabbages
    Cabbages Member Posts: 3 New User

Hmmm, seems like acer doesn't want to supply the drivers for free, they want to charge me £50 for it, does anyone have the drivers please?

I kindly request you to purchase the recovery media and install it in your computer to fix the issue.

I would like to inform you that, recovery media is not shipped with the unit. However, the unit comes with a hidden partition that enables you to burn your own set of recovery/installation media. If you have not created your own set of recovery media, you can purchase them from us. Using this, you can reload the operating system on your unit.

• The recovery media will cost you £51.06. If you are interested to purchase the recovery CDs, we would log a case for the recovery CDs and you will receive a recovery CD request form shortly from us

This discussion has been closed.