Need to remove virus

mackslim1
mackslim1 Member Posts: 3 New User

I recently recived a virus in the form of a message from homeland secruty.I know it's phony because it's from the supreme court of the UNITED KINGDOM, does anyone know how to remove this.or how to recover my computer to it's working order? All help will be good ,Thanks in advice.M/S

Answers

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Do you have a virus program? Update it and run it.

• mackslim1

the virus blocks the viewing of my work on my computer.Thanks for any help in advance,m/s

• mackslim1

thanks for your help. But I dont have a virus program. The notebook that I have doesn't have a cd to run a disk from.

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

You might be able to download a free anti-virus program like Avast. If you can get to another computer, there are AV programs desgined to run off a thumb drive that you might be able to use.

• Inspiration101
    Inspiration101 Member Posts: 185 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

I find most virus's are just spyware that get in the way of my enjoyment.

To get around this I download Malwarebytes : http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html 

Update it after install, restart your computer and tap the F8 key lots : This will give you a boot menu option windows, from here choose Safe Mode.  Once windows has loaded do a full scan of your HDD (or HDD's).  Delete all spyware/virus's found.  Reboot.  (Sometimes I go into safe mode a 2nd time to rescan again just to be sure all is fine).

Job done in most cases.

Good luck and be careful of those emails Smiley Happy 

• jdwaco
    jdwaco Member Posts: 133 Troubleshooter

Just a malware.  Malwarebytes is a good one but sometimes the solution for your malware may not be loaded into their definitions datebase, it happens a lot.  Try various malware, if Malwarebites doesn't make a full cleanup.  Superantispyware, Spybot, Spyware Blast, etc.   Good Luck

This discussion has been closed.