I upgraded my Aspire V5-571P to windows 8.1 from win8. I also updated the Bluetooth driver. I found that my bluetooth headphone (Creative W350) would get paired and connected for a few seconds then gets disconnected. In looking at the status of the Bluetooth device in the device manager, there is an indicator that the driver is not working. I have uninstalled the old driver and replaced with the new win 8.1 driver and it did not work. I removed the device from the Device Manager and rescanned the hardware, installed the 8.1 driver but no dice. Where am I going wrong? Can someone help?
--- Lesson learned: If you are happy with your current setup DO NOT UPGRADE!
What specifically is the error number in Device Manager for the Bluetooth?
Is it a ! or an X on the device?
When you say, "did not work", what specifically did not work?
What happened when you installed the new driver?
Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base Articles Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.
It was a !. Anyway, the problem is solved. Instead of using the device manager to update the driver, I used the setup.exe that came with the driver file and it worked prefectly! Thanks for the response.
Our friend and comrade IronFly has reached his 10,000th post to our little Community. During the last 4 years he has helped countless Acer customers providing help, advice and answers. The Acer Community team feels honored to count you as our friend. Thanks IronFly!