2013 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Regular Visitor
danzman

Need Bluetooth audio to work with windows 8.1

I upgraded my Aspire V5-571P to windows 8.1 from win8. I also updated the Bluetooth driver. I found that my bluetooth headphone (Creative W350) would get paired and connected for a few seconds then gets disconnected. In looking at the status of the Bluetooth device in the device manager, there is an indicator that the driver is not working. I have uninstalled the old driver and replaced with the new win 8.1 driver and it did not work. I removed the device from the Device Manager and rescanned the hardware, installed the 8.1 driver but no dice. Where am I going wrong? Can someone help? 

Thanks

--- Lesson learned: If you are happy with your current setup DO NOT UPGRADE!

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

Re: Need Bluetooth audio to work with windows 8.1

What specifically is the error number in Device Manager for the Bluetooth?

Is it a ! or an X on the device?

When you say, "did not work", what specifically did not work? 

What happened when you installed the new driver?

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base Articles
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Regular Visitor
danzman

Re: Need Bluetooth audio to work with windows 8.1

It was a !. Anyway, the problem is solved. Instead of using the device manager to update the driver, I used the setup.exe that came with the driver file and it worked prefectly! Thanks for the response.

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Please take a moment to review the latest Community News article to learn about new changes to your community membership.

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: