My laptop cannot detect a wifi connection

TheSwiftCrue
TheSwiftCrue Member Posts: 1 New User

I am unable to detect any form of wifi capabilities on my laptop.  The only way I can get an internet connection is to plug my laptop into my router via an ethernet cable.  It won't even show me that it just won't connect to a network.

I'm not sure what happened, I've had wifi on my laptop for a while and then it's like it was deleted from my laptop.  I've checked, there is not switch to turn the wifi on and off, only a function key.  Which I have used and it does nothing.

Is there any other way I can find out why the wifi option has suddenly been disable from my laptop?  Or is there a way to see if the driver has been deleted, corrupted, or disabled?  I'm at a loss..

Answers

• Check 'Network adapters' under Device Manager and confirm that your driver's are present.
    In addition to your Ethernet driver (which you are currently using) you should see a second for your wireless adapter.
    If present, double click and confirm that it is working correctly.

If the driver is absent, you will need to reinstall from the Acer download site.

Also, if you haven't tried, use <FN> + <F3> and check that it isn't disabled under Launch Manager.

• vicky94
    vicky94 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi theswiftcrue....have u find the solution? I got the same problem...am I Really need to connect using Ethernet cable?
This discussion has been closed.