My bluetooth on my Aspire S5-391 is disabled.

Options
greggpavitt
greggpavitt Member Posts: 4 New User

My bluetooth driver is disabled somehow. Tried reinstalling bluetooth with lates from Acer, but I get a message that what I am trying to install is older than what is already installed.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

What operating system are you running?

If you launch Acer Device Fast Lane, does it let you turn Bluetooth on and off?

What happens if you press FN + F3?

• greggpavitt
    Options

Device lane looks like it is turning it on and off, but nothing happens. Previously, if I turned it off (say to save battery power), when I turned it back on I would get the revolving cursor showing me something is happening. So if I have the Fast lane setting on, and then reboot, it is then off again. Fn + F3 does not do anything

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

What operating system are you running? Have you tried using eRecovery to reinstall the bluetooth driver? You can find instructions for reloading drivers at http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26947.

• greggpavitt
    Options

I am using Windows 8 (upgrade). I tried to reinstall the driver by downloading the latest driver on the Acer website. However, it won't install and gives me the error message (written in broken English) which basically says that the driver on my machine is newer than what I am trying to install, and then stops. I went to Device Manager, but I don't see Bluetooth as one of the items. I had installed using the Bluetooth Suite, but in Programs the Bluetooth Suite program is not listed.

This discussion has been closed.